7 Things to Know About the SAFE Bar Network
1. Since our formation in January 2020, the SAFE Bar Network has received nearly a million dollars in donations from 50+ organizations and individuals.
Thank you, Brown-Forman, Anheuser Busch, Stone Brewing, Boston Beer Company, Kilroy’s on Kirkwood, Fieldhouse | Willies, 101 Cider House, Kilroy’s Sports Bar, LineLeap, and all of our member venues.
2. The SAFE Bar Network has 87 members in 21 states.
In the past year, we trained over 3,843 bartenders, servers, and managers to notice uncomfortable and unsafe situations, interrupt to help, and create a workplace culture focused on giving a fun, safe night out.
3. Brian Miller, General Manager at SAFE Bar Network founding member Fieldhouse | Willie’s said, "By having the conversations with the Safe Bar Network and being a part of their vision we have seen such a positive impact on our culture with staff and customers. We’ve had a major increase in business because of the positive feedback from our community in getting the SAFE Bar Network’s word out."
4. The SAFE Bar Network works with venue owners and managers to tailor each SAFE Bar Training conversation to meet their unique needs.
5. The SAFE Bar Network isn’t about one-time training. We work with our member venues year-round and continuously help them solve issues related to safety.
6. The SAFE Bar Network works alongside local leaders in the hospitality industry and community organizations. Together we build and maintain the SAFE Bar Network to reflect the strengths and address the challenges at a local level.
7. The SAFE Bar Network is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). Donations are 100% tax-deductible and each dollar goes directly to partnering with bars and other alcohol-serving venues to increase safety.
Like what we’re doing? Be connected and stay updated with the SAFE Bar Network - join our mailing list, www.safebarnetwork.org/signup
Curious about us? Join us at a SAFE Night Out session where you’ll connect with others and learn the magic behind a safe night out. Trust us, it’s fun. Sign up here, tinyurl.com/safenightout
Join the team. All you have to do is share about the SAFE Bar Network with venue leaders you know. You can even send their contact information our way and we’ll do the sharing for you. Learn more at safebarnetwork.org/join and safebarnetwork.org/bettertookit
Pass the hat. The SAFE Bar Network is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) and your tax-deductible donation goes directly to our work increasing safety at alcohol-serving venues, safebarnetwork.org/donatenow
For information, inspiration, and resources for a more vibrant nightlife, visit 24HourNation.
If you or someone you know has experienced harm there is help. Visit RAINN.org