SAFE Bar Network
2 Ways to Join the SAFE Bar Network
Updated: Feb 4, 2020
Show your commitment to a “safe night out” by joining the SAFE Bar Network.
SAFE Bars commit to:
· Providing all staff a yearly SAFE Bar Training focused on active bystander skills
· Providing all new staff SAFE Bar Training
· Posting social marketing materials (posters, cards, window cling, etc.)
The SAFE Bar Network commits to:
· Providing SAFE Bars with digital copies of social marketing materials including; posters, information cards, and window clings.
· Access to online webinars, podcasts, and blogs.
· Opportunities to connect with other SAFE Bars in the SAFE Bar Network.
There are two ways to provide bar, restaurant, and nightclub staff the SAFE Bar active bystander training.
Option 1: Schedule the SAFE Bar Network trainers to facilitate the one-hour SAFE Bar active bystander training for staff. Each workshop can have a maximum of 50 participants. If the staff is larger than 50 employees there will be multiple training sessions.
Option 2: Send an owner, manager, staff member, community partner, or volunteer to the four-hour SAFE Bar facilitators training. Participants will leave this training with the skills to facilitate the one-hour SAFE Bar active bystander.
To learn more about joining the SAFE Bar Network contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a favorite bar, restaurant or night club encourage them to join the SAFE Bar Network. They can learn more at www.safebarnetwork.org
If you or someone you know has experienced sexual harassment or sexual assault our partners can help. Visit MOCSA and RAINN.
To learn more about the field of sexual violence response and prevention visit Prevent Connect and NSVRC