9 Ways to Support Your Favorite Bar or Restaurant Today
We all have our favorites. The bar you hung out at with your friends in your 20s, the pub where you cheer on your favorite team, the brewery you visit with your out-of-town guests. They’re the places we go when we want to wind-down, to connect, to celebrate the big moment in our lives. They are small businesses, a part of our community, and the friendly faces we’ve come to know.
COVID-19 has changed things for all of us, the bar and restaurant scenes in our communities included. The fact is, many of our favorite bars and restaurants rely on daily income to buy inventory, pay staff, and keep the doors open. We have 9 ways you can support your favorite local spot today.
1. Keep going. Go online or give them a call and see how they are ensuring the safety of their patrons. Not comfortable inside, ask if they have a covered, heated patio.
2. Order takeout & tip. Show them some love, order something to-go. Be sure to tip as generously as you can. Here are some tips on tipping.
3. Keep sipping. If your favorite spot is selling growlers or cocktail kits try one out. Let them know what you think. Learn about growlers and crowlers here.
5. Get the merch. Does your favorite spot sell t-shirts, glasses, stickers? This is a great time to represent, show the love, and buy the merch.
6. Connect on social media. Let them know you’re are still a fan. Share their posts and help them connect with new customers.
7. Write a review. Whether you love to write or hate to write give a bar the gift of a five-star review. Check out these tips and tricks.
8. Support relief legislation. There are groups talking to congress about what local bars need. Add your voice to the calls for relief. Check out Save Restaurants.
Our favorite bars need to know that we are still here rooting for them, spending our money with them, and sending our friends, family, and coworkers their way.
To learn more about joining the SAFE Bar Network contact us at email@example.com
If you have a favorite bar, restaurant or night club encourage them to join the SAFE Bar Network. They can learn more at www.safebarnetwork.org
To learn more about active bystander skills check out our blog post, Obstacles. What obstacles? 3 Full Proof Everyday Active Bystander Skills.
There are everyday active bystanders practicing these skills every day. Watch their stories here, Everyday Active Bystanders.
Interested in learning more about bystander intervention? Visit our friends at With Us Center for Bystander Intervention.