8 Ways to Support Your Favorite Bar
We all have that favorite spot to get a beer, a glass of wine, or a fancy cocktail. We meet there to wind-down, to connect, to celebrate the big moment in our lives. They are small businesses, a part of our community, and friendly faces we’ve come to know.
The fact is, many of our favorite bars rely on daily income to buy inventory, pay staff, and keep the doors open. We have 8 ways you can support your favorite local spot today.
1. Order takeout & tip. Get online or give them a call and order something to-go. Be sure to tip as generously as you can. Here are some tips on tipping.
2. Keep sipping. If your favorite spot is selling growlers or cocktail kits try one out. Let them know what you think. Learn about growlers and crowlers here.
4. Get the merch. Does your favorite spot sell t-shirts, glasses, stickers? This is a great time to represent, show the love, and buy the merch.
5. Connect on social media. Let them know you’re are still a fan. Share their posts and help them connect with new customers.
7. Support relief legislation. There are groups talking to congress about what local bars need. Add your voice to the calls for relief. Check out Save Restaurants.
Our favorite bars need to know that we are still here rooting for them, spending our money with them, and sending our friends, family, and coworkers their way.
If you have a favorite bar, restaurant or night club encourage them to join the SAFE Bar Network. They can learn more at www.safebarnetwork.org
Interested in learning more about bystander intervention? Visit our friends at With Us Center for Bystander Intervention.