10 Simple Ways to Show Bars & Restaurants Some Love
At the SAFE Bar Network, we have the privilege to partner with some of the greatest bar owners, managers, and teams in the country. Their venues are the places we go when we want to wind-down, connect, and celebrate the big moment in our lives. They are small businesses, a part of our community, and the friendly faces we’ve come to know.
COVID-19 has changed things for all of us, the bars, nightclubs, and restaurants in our communities included. The fact is, many of our favorite bars and restaurants rely on daily income to buy inventory, pay staff, and keep the doors open.
We have 10 ways you can support your favorite local spot today.
1. Keep sipping. If your favorite spot is selling growlers or cocktail kits try one out. Let them know what you think. Learn about growlers and crowlers here.
2. Order takeout & tip. Show them some love, order something to-go. Be sure to tip as generously as you can. Here are some tips on tipping.
3. Make it a team effort. Recruit your family, friends, coworkers and come together to support a local small business. Here’s a feel good story to inspire you - first responders saving a local bakery.
4. Keep going. Go online or give them a call and see how they are ensuring the safety of their patrons. Not comfortable inside, ask if they have a covered, heated patio.
5. Get the merch. Does your favorite spot sell t-shirts, glasses, stickers? This is a great time to represent, show the love, and buy the merch. There may even be a one-stop shop in your community.
8. Connect on social media. Let them know you are still a fan. Share their posts and help them connect with new customers.
10. Support relief legislation. There are groups talking to congress about what local bars need. Add your voice to the calls for relief. Check out Save Restaurants.
Our favorite bars need to know that we are still here rooting for them, spending our money with them, and sending our friends, family, and coworkers their way. Cheers!
To learn more about joining the SAFE Bar Network contact us at email@example.com
The SAFE Bar Network is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) you can join the team by donating your time, talent, and money to the mission of giving everyone a SAFE Night Out, just click here.
There are everyday active bystanders practicing the skills to keep people safe every day. Watch their stories here, Everyday Active Bystanders.
To learn more about active bystander skills check out our blog post, Obstacles. What obstacles? 3 Full Proof Everyday Active Bystander Skills.
Interested in learning more about bystander intervention? Visit our friends at With Us Center for Bystander Intervention.